I'm on my way back from family vacation and my grandma decided to join me. I'm not one to really be oh so social with anyone at the airport, let alone the people sitting next to me on the plane. I mean, planes are there for me to sleep on after a crazy vacation. Not to mention, I hate the middle seat in a 3 seat row, but of course, that's what my fate had dealt me. I was in the middle, my grandma is in the aisle seat, and an older man around the age of 50 is in the window seat. I'm thinking, this is fantastic. There's an older gentleman next to me, he won't bother me at all! Could I have been more wrong or what!
So I've got my headphones on and I'm ready to take off. There are some crazy drunk women in their 30's who so politely named me "IPOD Girl" due to the fact that I didn't seem so enthralled to talk with them. They were a row ahead but to the left, so I thought I was free to sleep. Next thing I know the man next to me asks me if I want a piece of gum. I kindly reject his offer, thinking he was just being polite. He then procedes to say something like "are you sure, I promise there is nothing wrong with them. I'm sure you've heard the don't take things from men speech, but blah blah blah." I rejected him again, this time with a little sass, stating that I already had a piece but thanks anyway. He then offers to buy me a drink, and I told him that I was underage. Then, he offers to buy me a soda, which caused my reaction to say that they are free and he goes onto say that he would still buy one for me anyway. By this time, I am a little creeped out, although I did admire his effort. He then continued to talk to me about where he was from, how I should give him a call so he can take me to all the great places in our town, and so on.
Although this was borderline perv, there was a sense of charm in him. He said the most clever things and knew exactly what to say. If I hadn't seen this type before, I would have certainly fallen for his ways. Moral of the story? At 50+, men know how to charm even the hard-headed teen I was at the time.
So I've got my headphones on and I'm ready to take off. There are some crazy drunk women in their 30's who so politely named me "IPOD Girl" due to the fact that I didn't seem so enthralled to talk with them. They were a row ahead but to the left, so I thought I was free to sleep. Next thing I know the man next to me asks me if I want a piece of gum. I kindly reject his offer, thinking he was just being polite. He then procedes to say something like "are you sure, I promise there is nothing wrong with them. I'm sure you've heard the don't take things from men speech, but blah blah blah." I rejected him again, this time with a little sass, stating that I already had a piece but thanks anyway. He then offers to buy me a drink, and I told him that I was underage. Then, he offers to buy me a soda, which caused my reaction to say that they are free and he goes onto say that he would still buy one for me anyway. By this time, I am a little creeped out, although I did admire his effort. He then continued to talk to me about where he was from, how I should give him a call so he can take me to all the great places in our town, and so on.
Although this was borderline perv, there was a sense of charm in him. He said the most clever things and knew exactly what to say. If I hadn't seen this type before, I would have certainly fallen for his ways. Moral of the story? At 50+, men know how to charm even the hard-headed teen I was at the time.


Post a Comment